Best Tactical Backpacks from 5.11
5.11 is well known for their line of tactical rush backpacks that have helped to revolutionize how people hike, camp, and go on military adventures. They offer three styles of backpacks designed for 12, 24, and 72-hour trips.
5.11 Tactical Rush 12 Back Pack
This multi-purpose bag is designed primarily for short, 1 to 2-day adventures and being used as emergency bags for home and automobiles. The product offers the following features;
- Crafted from 1050D nylon that is water-resistant
- 16 compartments in total
- Self-repairing YKK zippers
- Internal admin panel
- 60-ounce hydration pocket
- Fleece-lined sunglasses pocket
- External compression straps, adjustable shoulder straps, and center strap
Simple, yet well construction, this version of the 5.11 backpack is the perfect “everyday” bag because of its versatility. This pack is a great one for students who want to carry around their laptop and other items; this bag also works well to store emergency supplies. However, it’s prime function is short, day-long trips such as a quick hike or short adventure.
5.11 Tactical Rush 24 Back Pack
The rush 12 backpack is designed for overnight adventures which make it perfect for weekend camping or hiking trips. It offers the following features;
- Large central storage area, dual zippered pockets, and “stuff-it” pocket w/draw cord
- Three mesh compartments
- Zippered water bottle compartment
- Hook & loop for nametapes and flag patches
- Crafted from 1050D nylon and water-repellent
- Two external compression straps and contoured yoke shoulder strap
This is a handy size for most weekend camping, hiking, and military adventures with plenty of room for the necessities you need. In fact, the bag is noted for being large enough to handle adventures of up to two days if you pack it correctly. Apart from the occasional defective bag, the only complaint registered by customers is that it could use a built-in waist belt. Otherwise, this is a very well designed product from top to bottom.
Here is the full review of 5.11 Rush 24 backpack.
However, this is one of the selection in our best tactical backpacks for 2016, to see the rest and read reviews, click here.
5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Back Pack
This backpack is designed for trips of up to 72 hours when you are out hiking, camping, or on a military mission. This particular backpack from 5.11 is priced at around $150 and offers the following features.
- Big, external “shove-it” pocket
- Two exterior organizational pockets, two side pockets, gusseted zippered pockets
- Made from 1050D nylon that is water-repellent
- Closed-cell foam, two back-to-back zippered pull tables
- Quick access sunglasses pocket
- Besides, some models include a “Splash Bang” aluminum water bottle
Read the full review of 5.11 Rush 72 Backpack.
The backpack itself is highly durable and crafted from solid materials which make it perfect for hiking, camping, and military adventures in almost any environmental conditions. The main advantage is that there is plenty of space for clothes, gear, and supplies to keep you sustained for a good 72 hours. However, it is a bit large for shorter adventures which are better suited to the 12 and 24-hour models. Overall, if you travel on extended weekends or week-long adventures, the 5.11 Tactical Rush 72 Back Pack is perfect for your needs.